Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Pato

We might know him as Pato...but his grandmother still calls him Martin...


Back to some kind of reality now, after a brief hiatus due to falling in love, breaking my foot, techniacl problems and all manner of other strangeness... Yesterday's post reminded me of Roskilde, and the fact that I hadn't really said anything about Pato yet... It's not normally my "thing"- I live in somehwhat of an indie bubble, as you may have guessed- but there's something about Pato that makes you want to dance

Formerly a member of the late ska-punk band Furillo, Pato managed to take Roskilde 2006 by storm. On as one of the final acts of the evening, the crowd were dancing, laughing and singing- not something you see too often in the wee small hours in the Pavillion, when the small acts are pitched against some of the behemouths. Normally, there;s a few drunk guys and a guitar, but the Pato (and his band) seemed to be having just as much fun as the crowd, creating an infectious energy that meant, whoever you were, you couldn't help but dance...

I'm not going to even bother with trying to wrote a bio- go check out his bio on Myspace, as its all put far more succinctly and wittily that I could do it... In the meantime, here a link to his website, and a couple of MP3s:

  • Two Fingah Salute

  • Blood Bath

    Pato, then. Move your feet and dance, cos that's what they're made for...

  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I'm glad to see you've finally posted about Pato. When I was living in Copenhagen, one of my Danish friends turned me on to him, and once I reconcilled the pronunciation of his name (the Spanish word for duck kept popping up in my head), his music really began to grow on me. I was lucky enough to see a really intimate, free performance by Pato in Nordhavn - it seemed almost like a small jam session with friends. Listening to his song 'Nighthawks' still brings back fond memories of 'K-city' (as he refers to it, lol).