Saturday, September 23, 2006

Charlie made me happy...

Apologies for the somewhat enforced absence- I was in Copenhagen for part of the time (and, having heard a sneak preview of the new Nephew album, I can tell yoiu it's pretty darn good) and then trying to teach myself to walk again (don't ask, but it involved falling down the steps in Ideal Bar) for the other part...

It'll be something of a double-header this weekend- new releases by Charlie, Don't Surf, and Wolfkin...

Charlie, Don't Surf's debut EP "How Turkey Turned into Being A Monster" is every bit as good as you'd expect it to be (not that they bribed me by flattering me or anything...actually, I think I'd love them just as much aif they didn't). Collecting together the favourites that I've been raving about for some time- "Friends of French Art", "Breakthrough" et al, the 5 track EP is well worth taking a look at (if only to say that you've got a copy of the CD they released before they were snapped up by a big label...)

Unfortunately, you've missed the contest to win the EP on "Hits In The Car", but that doesn't mean that you should go and buy it now from here for the bargain price of just DKK50 or EU8 now.. I promise you won't regret it

And Wolfkin? Learn about them tomorrow...

No comments: