Friday, September 01, 2006

Tiger Tunes...

I guess in retrospect, I should have seen it coming forward....

Posted by Picasa

I seem to be having a week where all I want to listen to is irresistably dirty sing-along electro-pop, and the irresistably catchy Tiger Tunes seem to fit into that perfectly, snuggling in between Superheroes and Kids of The Ranch (and going pretty damn well with the indiepop stylings of 1234 and Charlie, Don't Surf too) Angry Kids of The Word Unite is an danceable anthem for the disaffected new generation (and, so I found out earlier, reasonably popular with fussy 8 and 9 year olds...don't ask how I know that...)

Tiger Tunes any band who can sing about a "fuck machine", "she knocked my teeth out, she stole my shoes.." , and, with a Beckish sensibility, sing "if we get thirsty, we'll drink sad champagne", and suddenly youknow you've just heard one of yours... Tiger Tunes are a lot like the friend that you have , who, with their eagle eye for picking out the absurd in the ordinary, constantly has you in giggles...

The band are currently on sabbatical, but are making music in various other guises, including Marybell Katastrophe and Qlauz. Of the tracks that I'm offering you, "Kids of the Word Unite" is a pop anthem of the highest order for the disaffected youth, with the kind of "oh fuck it, just do it" attitude that's essential for a great night on the town. Foolio is the funnest Summer hit that never graced the airwaves in your part of the world, including an infectiously catchy "lalalalalala" ending.... Enjoy, my dears, and then, when you realise this isn't enough, go and buy the album...

  • Angry Kids of The World Unite
  • Foolio

    Tiger Tunes have ways of making you sing. They have ways of making you dance... why resist them any longer when it's this glorious?
  • Myspace
  • Website
  • 1 comment:

    Wendy Jarvis said...

    Thanks for tthe post