Friday, August 25, 2006

The Pedestrians Pets...

A one man band who sings like a mockingbird and stings like a bee... (geddit? *groan*)

The PedestriansPets

Just a quick one today- I'm supposed to be preparing for various job interviews, tidying up and answering the multitude of emails, myspace comments and myspace mail you guys have been sending me (thank you so much for your support!) but I really feel like Swedish band Springfactory's "Get out of bed" is about me. *ahem*

Onto the music, anyway... It's not often that anything goes from my inbox straight to the page, but this one will... The Pedestrians Pets is a one man (who generally goes by the name of Nis Pedersen) band from Copenhagen and is enchanting in a very Stephen Merritt/ Lou Barlow kinda way. I'm pretty sure it'll pass the baby test (it's a well known fact-well, in my mind it is anyway, even if it's not a fact, merely a theory, to everyone else-that any music that can make a baby coo, smile, sleep or *ahem* pooh (according to genre) then it's gotta be good...) but I'll let you all know at some point over the weekend...

He has something to do with Kaninkanon (edit:he's actually part of Kaninkanon- a fanzine/label/DIY collective celebrating commercially "purposelessness" and amateurism, trying to establish an underground guerillapopscene in Copenhagen... Sounds good to me) and has appeared on one of BSBTA's fabulous subseries CDs... He also writes lyrics that remind me of re-reading old love letters from when you're 16 with fondness (I finally chucked out piles of them yesterday after 5 years...) such as "Hi Hi"'s...

"..I need you but you don't have time
You are busy
Got too many exams
I understand
All I've got to cheer me up

Are old messages on my answering machine..."

(NB:I didn't link to Hi Hi, as I'm not sure about the host site's bandwidth restrictions. If you're interested, though you can find it here) Anyone who lists their influences as My record collection (probably not updated for a while) on their Myspace is definitely worth a look, I'd say... Decide for yourself by downloading the MP3s below, and visit his site for more music and lyrics...

  • Happy Together

  • Watch Out

    The Pedestrians Pets, then. From inbox to page in less than 3 hours.... Take a look at his Myspace and webpage...
  • UPDATE: 25/08 01:02

    Myspace is currently having diffiulties, so the downloads might be down for a while. Use one of the other links if it's continuing...

    02:00 It seems like it's working now!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    great!!! Maybe we should set somethib g like that up when I get back to London?

    Tinkerbell said...

    It passed the baby test!